View Single Post
Old 11-29-2006, 08:13 AM   #5
Bavarian Motorist

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmussatti
Mike, the dealer is very-very wrong about his break-in recommendations. Just read your manual. It is very clear. 1,800-2,000 miles. RPM's under 4,200. Don't lug engine. Longer trips are better. On long trips, don't stay in the same gear the whole time, down shift and then run back up to 5th or 6th.

I would also recommend an oil change at 1,000 miles or after the break-in period. Not required, just prudent and worth the $110-$250.

What kind of aftermarket parts do you want? Car is still pretty new, so only a few items are available. Try our sponsors or the likes of www.suncoastporsche.com or the Tequipment section over at the Porsche web-site here:

http://www.porsche.com/usa/accessoriesandservices/personalisation/tequipment/n38/
WOW! Thanks for telling me! I would have been screwed at the rate I was going.

And as for aftermarket, I'm not looking for anything until my break-in period ends, but this is my daily commuter and I drive a lot so I expect it to be soon. I'm not even sure what I could do. Seems like all the parts this car has are top of the line, but I'm looking to increase engine power. I know that's a typical desire but this is a sports car, not to mention my only car, so I guess I don't blame myself.

Oh yeah, and I don't want any forced induction.
Bavarian Motorist is offline   Reply With Quote