View Single Post
Old 11-29-2006, 05:53 AM   #3
blue2000s
Porscheectomy

Quote:
Originally Posted by insite
glad you finally made the upgrade. i think you'll love it. you may find that it understeers more than you'd thought; believe it or not, the base boxster M030 rear sway bar is thicker. if you find you want a bit less understeer, swapping the S sway for the base M030 sway will do the trick.

also, you'll need to play with your tire pressures a bit. the M030 likes pressures quite different from stock. i also found that because of the added roll stiffness up front, the factory M030 alignment spec for front camber (-0.8 degrees) was insufficient for my driving style (ate the outside edge of my tires). i've since re-aligned with -1.6 degrees up front and everything is perfect. i'm able to achieve 1.2G in turns 2 and 3 at talladega gran prix. i was also able to pass two C5 corvettes on that course with my 2.5L, so the M030 is pretty good stuff. it shaved about 11 seconds from my lap times there. hope you enjoy it!

BTW, did you do the dampers, too, or just springs / sways?
Dampers, springs and sway bars were all changed. Changing spring rates without damping rates can have some unwelcome results.
blue2000s is offline   Reply With Quote