View Single Post
Old 11-28-2006, 08:16 PM   #11
Bob O

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grizzly
Bob,

I'm sorry to hear about your car. I'm just wondering, since you have to have the whole front end redone anyway, have you considered having the Boxster parts replaced with the '02 and up 996 front end? You're in the perfect situation to have the conversion done for free.

I did inquire of the body shop about that. The owner, an ex 356 and current, ummm something owner, (I forgot exactly what in all the confusion) checked prices on a GT3 bumper, and a few other things like the 996 front end. It would end up costing me around $1,200 or so above the insurance claim, or so he said. It wasn't worth it to me to do it. ( I think it was that high because the right fender wasn't damaged, at least on first inspection.. just left front fender, bumper, hood and underpinnings.. JUST!!. So, that would require me to buy the headlight and right fender, in addition to the up charge for the bumper and paint for the right side. I, and he, might be wrong on this but that's my understanding) There might be another shop that would do it for less, but, at this point, I just want my car back like it was. And, seriously, I like the look of my 01 as it is (was )
7/15 mm spacers
Deambered
Desnorked
SS door sills
Debadged
Clear tails
Technobrace
Technobra
I'll never own another black car!
Bob O is offline   Reply With Quote