View Single Post
Old 11-28-2006, 05:40 PM   #15
MNBoxster

Quote:
Originally Posted by boggtown
I took mine off due to looks and aerodynamics. How much are tickets?
Hi,

Here in MN, it's $50, but I've seen other states charge as much as $125.

Ironically, I was once out of town when a Snow Emergency was declared requiring all vehicles be off the streets for the Snow Plows. My Passport was on the street and was towed to an impound lot. When I picked it up, the Tow Co. had ripped the license plate holder off lifting the car. Honda didn't have one in stock, so I ordered it, paid a deposit and placed the plate on the dash, totally visible. I got a ticket while parked. Next day, while parked, another ticket. I called the City, explained what happened and why the plate wasn't properly mounted. They agreed to rip up only one of the two tickets. So, I sucessfully fought the other one in court on the premise that I had an order for the part, but through no fault of mine, hadn't received it so could not comply with the statute.

Also, check your state statutes. Here in MN, you don't need a Front Plate if you have Collector plates (25+ Yr. old car), Street Rod plates, etc. so I don't have a front one on my '71 240Z. 5 more years, and I can remove the one on my Esprit, 17 yrs. for the Boxster though...

Happy Motoring!... Jim'99
MNBoxster is offline   Reply With Quote