View Single Post
Old 11-27-2006, 02:04 PM   #19
TriGem2k

Send a message via AIM to TriGem2k
Quote:
Originally Posted by ohioboxster
Let just say in advance Im not getting defensive but you guys say some funny stuff. The service guy tells you the motor would benefit from a turbo over a supercharger, ok good enough for me. I would never settle for an answer like that.

You can modify boost so much easier and in theory less strain on the engine
Please explain this theory.

I can up my boost with a pulley change and how is one form of FORCED INDUCTION easier on the motor than another? I just wish people would speak from experience rather than what they read on the net. We are talking a couple ponies either way in favor of SC vs. turbo.

Forcing compressed hot air into a motor is just that, period. The delivery is the difference.
I agree with you Ohio. I for some reason just like the idea of the Turbo better. It really doesn't make a difference like you said, forced induction is forced induction. I'll let you know how it turns out once its all said and done. I wish I had something to compare it with. I don't know of anyone in my area with a Supercharged 2.7L. Oh well, I shall be the Ginny pig with the Turbo. If all fails ill make the 997 TT my daily driver
-Side Skirts
-Gemballa Exhuast and Cats
-O.Z. Racing 18" Wheels
--18X8.5Front 18X10 Rears
-Michilen PS Tires 225/40/18 & 285/30/18
-5mm Rear Spacers
-Porsche Door Sills
-H&R Springs
-Powerflow Intake
-B&M Short Shifter
-Pioneer Avic-F90BT Navigation
-Focal Polyglass 165VR3