View Single Post
Old 11-26-2006, 05:33 PM   #9
shifter997

Installation of header/ sport cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by savinor
I also added a bung at the end of the stock secondary cats. and every thing worked fine. No CEL and the car sounded great. Later I changed to sport cats with the O2 sensors in a different place and still no CEL. I don't believe that the spacing is critical but you do need O2 sensors before and after the cats.
RichS
2000 "S"
Hi, Savinor. I am planning to do exactly the same thing you have done. I have a header from Che already and planning to buy a set of SPORT CAT in the new year. I have been looking thru web site to make sure I don't run into CEL, until I run into your mail. So I have a couple of question if you could answer.

1. Sport cat ---- Is it Dansk unit with 100 cel? The rep from FVD told me that I would get CEL with straight install. If it is NOT Dansk, what brand did you get?

2. O2 sensors ---- You must have extended the wires on O2 sensors, do you use any extension wire kits or spliced wires with thermal protective wires?

3. O2 sensors at the rear of CAT ---- Did you use O2 sensor eliminators to simulate the proper installation ?
shifter997 is offline   Reply With Quote