View Single Post
Old 11-26-2006, 03:56 PM   #5
KevinH1990

Quote:
Originally Posted by husker boxster
Also, I studied the wiring diagram and I'm pretty sure I have mine on the proper plugs, but I wasn't very impressed with the sound these speakers make. Even when I adjust the radio to that particular speaker, not much sound. I realize they aren't the worlds biggest speakers, but I was hoping for more sound. Any ideas, or are they not that good?

Terry
As you imply, the numbers on that plug telling you which wires went where were almost impossible to read. I had to use a magnifying glass and the help of a young person with better eyesight than I have. It wouldn't be beyond the realm of probablity that you have them wired wrong. I think you can release the connectors with a jeweler's screwdriver if you want to take another shot at it.

In my car the PNP speaker give the sound more "space". Instead of sounding like the music is coming from the dash, it seems to surround you. If I fade the speakers completely to the rear, they don't sound great on their own.

What year is your car? Do you have the door speaker?

The PNP speakers are an improvement, but they don't make the basic Becker radio sound great. Maybe "tolerable" is more accurate.
Painted Bumperettes, 2004 (OEM) Top, Homelink integrated in dash with Targa switch, 997 Shifter, Carrera Gauge Cluster with silver gauge faces, heated 12-way driver & 8-way passenger seats, Litronics, silver console

Last edited by KevinH1990; 11-26-2006 at 04:01 PM.
KevinH1990 is offline   Reply With Quote