View Single Post
Old 07-27-2026, 07:59 AM   #4
Newsguy
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2018
Location: Illinois
Posts: 354
Garage
“Considering I have the 2.5l tune now I guess a flash to a 996 tune will be a requirement.
Is there anything specific that should be done to the tune while they are at it, or can I rely on the stock 996 tune to adapt properly?“

The guy who helped me assemble the bottom end on my 3.2 worked for and has a shop close to one of the big Porsche parts operations. He has a 996 with a big bore kit that runs great. I asked if he tuned it. He said the ECU adapts just fine, so, no you should be ok by that metric.
__________________
A cynic is a man who, when he smells flowers, looks around for a coffin.
-H. L. Mencken
Newsguy is offline   Reply With Quote