View Single Post
Old 06-05-2026, 05:31 PM   #2
Qingdao
Registered User
 
Qingdao's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2019
Location: Charleston
Posts: 590
Here we are 2026. I know what I want and I can do it. Noice.


First thing I didn't like on the original build was how the subframe attached to the OEM subframe.

I had just cut a chunk out of the square tubing and drilled a hole in it to attach it to the subframe. It broke, a few times. Flawed by design.

The new piece has.... um better design???








The next thing, which is mostly just an improvement of my own skills such as they are, was the exhaust.

The old exhaust used the GM style ball clamp. This sucks for a static exhaust such as found on a mid rear engine transaxle car.

I have switched to V band clamps. MUCH Better. The exhaust is super easy to install/remove.


Yeah Yeah, laugh it up. I suck at welding, but at least I try.






__________________
'99 supercharged 4.3 chevy Boxsterado
'98 PP13B powered "RX986"

This hairdresser only cuts mullets
Qingdao is online now   Reply With Quote