View Single Post
Old 11-22-2006, 09:43 AM   #16
super66

Quote:
Originally Posted by MNBoxster
Hi,

Realizing that BIG Wheels is the Flavor of the Month, especially for the younger guys, I have rarely seen any car with wheels over 18" which actually looks right.

IMHO, I believe that at 19" and up, the wheels dominate the look and the car becomes All Wheels. It's confusing to me why you would want to overshadow a $50k (when new) Car with it's design with a set of $1500-$2000 wheels?

I suppose some guys do it because they want to modify in some way, but don't have the $10k-$20k for the 3.4L engine upgrade or such. It is one of the cheaper mods to do.

To each his own, but given the cost, compromises in performance and ride quality (for both the wheels and lowering), the extra tire expense, and the detracting look of wheels which are too large, I'll stay with my 18's...

Happy Motoring!... Jim'99
MN, somewhere is a guy saying the same on your upgrade from 17 to 18.....I actually think the car looks phenomenal with the 19 carerra classics....nothin to do with being a cheaper mod....I eve cringe at dropping 2K for them as is......
super66 is offline   Reply With Quote