Minor progress this week. Took the car for a drive (first one since it is more or less back together). Cooling behaved ok, but it was a short drive. Brakes are functional (still don't feel like I would want them to, but at least they work after having every line, hose, caliper, ABS unit replaced) and the alignment wasn't terrible. I could drive straight without an issue, no pulling or obvious wrong steering angle etc.
Today I moved the car back a few meters so I could work in daylight. A few spots where the car was standing, but can't say whether this is new since the drive or whether it was from filling the coolant or even from the wreck which was standing in that place before. So not too concerned yet, but will keep an eye on it.
While driving I still had no power steering as it wasn't properly wired up. Also no speed indication as the ABS unit isn't wired in yet. Earlier this week I removed a good few ABS related wires from the wreck. Now I need to get them into the car and wired up. Most are easy, but I am looking for a +12V continuous signal for the ABS unit. The main power is on main fuse F1, but ABS 5.7 also has another wire (which I need to run as ABS 5.3 didn't have it). I think I will take fuse position D4 for this one. This is connected to main fuse F3 which runs mainly the Audio amplifier and power windows / mirrors.
I don't have power mirrors, so that's one load less. Windows are fused 30A each, 15A for the amplifier. ABS will be fused at 25A. So this totals 100A and will be covered by a main fuse of 80A. Not expecting any issues.
The other signals I need are a brake switch contact (ABS 5.7 requires both open and close, ABS 5.3 only used close) and handbrake switch. I might leave the handbrake one disconnected for now, that is not a real scenario to take into account anyway.
Other than these, I think I have it wired up. The ABS 5.3 had a terminal 60 wire (alternator) which is no longer needed. I'll connect this to the +12V Switced of the power steering pump.
Nearly there