View Single Post
Old 05-05-2026, 12:21 PM   #110
Marc_986
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2023
Location: Netherlands
Posts: 289
Great, thanks! Every little bit counts I guess.

I did make a bit of progress the last few days, but minor.

Today I got a radiator pressure test kit. I just needed the adapter for coolant reservoir to anything. Pulled a vacuum on it and at least another 4 liters went in. Still at least 4 to go before I feel comfortable enough to start the engine and let it idle for a little bit to start actively pumping. As it was a pressure tester I put the system to 0.5bar and when I returned 2 hours later I didn't see a pressure drop. With mostly air in it, I guess I have no obvious leaks to worry about.

While I was at the tool shop I also got some crimp 'rings' for the power and ground of the power steering pump.

On the V8 install I am looking how I can get it to fit. Obviously the oil filter is the highest point and causing issues. Found out that the oil flow in the engine is oil pump -> oil cooler (side of the engine next to the alternator) -> oil filter (top of the engine) then on to things needing lubrication and cooling.

So I can either completely remove the oil filter housing (looping the in / out) and tap the oil lines from the oil cooler (there are sandwich plates for a oil/air cooler available aftermarket, I might be able to use the RS4 setup which has OEM oil/air cooler) or I just cut it down, thread the holes for some adapters. Anyway, this is not a concern anymore.

Next step is likely somewhere next week to lower the engine, remove this oil filter, throttle body bend, PCV stuff and the SAI. That should give the best view of what I can do on the rear side of the engine and what / how I can relocate.

From there on, I better get myself the support beam between left / right suspension and probably an old engine mount to look at the front side of things.
Marc_986 is offline   Reply With Quote