View Single Post
Old 05-02-2026, 10:10 AM   #108
Marc_986
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2023
Location: Netherlands
Posts: 289
Another shot of the front side of the engine. As you can see, it is as high as it'll go now.
Name:  20260502_fit_fronttop_crop.jpg
Views: 167
Size:  107.6 KB

Left side of the engine, a lot of space. And at the moment the AC compressor and PS pump are still on the engine. It will be an empty area once this is all out.
Name:  20260502_fit_left_crop.jpg
Views: 158
Size:  125.6 KB

Right side of the engine, a lot of space as well.
Name:  20260502_fit_right_crop.jpg
Views: 162
Size:  119.0 KB

My conclusions so far:
  • The main issue is the height. The engine is still angled down quite a lot, so it would be good to raise it another inch or so.
  • Rear side of the engine has too much stuff to fit under the cover. I already knew that from the engine pictures. I think once the parts are removed which I don't need (SAI for example) it will clean up a lot. I already figured I would need to go for a remote oil filter. With that done, I should be able to take the intake out straight (not over the valve cover).
  • To clear the rear side further, it would be good to move the engine forward by about an inch.
  • Looking at the engine cover, the height itself isn't a real issue, it is the low position of the sheet metal across the back of the seats. The cover itself would easily fit the engine, even when raised further.
  • I'll need to either rotate the fuel rails around or go for the non-return fuel rail to get the connection on the left side of the engine to fit the car.
  • I need the X-brace between the control arms (left to right) to check whether I can actually move the whole lot forward.
  • Als need to check whether I could lower the transmission by a quarter to half an inch.

Overall, not unhappy. Need to work a bit more on clearing out the rear side of the engine to judge that part. Otherwise, I might get by with just modifying the 'firewall' between seats and engine. Honestly, loads of space wasted there and this isn't a main structural part of the car.
Marc_986 is offline   Reply With Quote