View Single Post
Old 11-22-2006, 06:55 AM   #6
Silverstreak

Quote:
Originally Posted by z12358
Keep the $5k (that you planned to spend for the switch) as a starter for a "comfort cushion" and save into it as much as you can (saving is good anyway). Your S has already had 27k (trouble free? records?) miles, and most major issues (if any) would have popped up by now. I see your situation like this: You like the Box S more but are now afraid that you may have overstretched and may not be able to handle the uncertainity of potential repair. Remedy the situation by saving up for the cushion.

Paying MORE for what you perceive to be a less costly car to repair is not a solution. EVERY car breaks, and a cushion is a must.

Z.
Thanks guys for the feedback .....

I bought the car off a private owner. I wonder if a Porsche dealership would sell me an extended warranty after an inspection? I guess I could go down there and ask.

The other idea was to drive it and sell it in the spring, then find a Carrera that (hopefully) didn't suffer from the intermediate shaft failure prob.... or the RMS prob. I will have to research the Carreras a bit more closely before I make another move.
98 Honda CR250
02 Acura RSX-S
00 Porsche Boxster S
98 Toyota Tacoma 4x4
Sears Weed wacker 1.2 HP

Silverstreak is offline   Reply With Quote