On finishing my regular car I did make some progress:
- - Mounted the left rear brake hard line. New hose.
- - Re-pinned the connector (yellow on my car, it was pink/purple on the 02 Boxster) with the new ABS sensor and brake pad wear wires. Both sides in. Wires tidied up again
- - Took apart the rear spoiler mechanism, removed the old grease and put fresh stuff in. It was groaning a bit when actuated and I thought I might check the grease. It wasn't as bad as I feared. But the groaning was still there after re-mounting. It was ok without the actual spoiler on, so I guessed it was binding a bit once all assembled. I could reproduce it, final tightening of the spoiler to the posts made it move a bit and put it under stress. So I tightened it all except the last bolt. Put loc-tite on that one and made it a bit more than hand tight. Moves ok now and letting it dry.
- Bled the brakes. Started left rear as I still had the wheel off. Figured the 'start with right rear' is old now that both rear brakes have individual lines. I can build pressure now and will check for any leaks anytime soon. I used my vacuum bleed set, but I am quite unhappy with it. I do get a firm pedal with it, but I just can't do that visually by checking for bubbles. The vacuum pulls air around the thread of the bleed nipple and / or around the hose. So I always see bubbles. I might need to do a second bleed round the old fashioned way and when Christmas comes I'll ask for a pressure bleeder.
- Removed the power steering pump and last pieces of line. Placed the AC compressor back as pulley.
- Determined the length of belt I need for this configuration. First I took the old belt off and wrapped a longer belt (cut open) around all pulleys and marked the length. This was 6cm longer than the belt which came off, so this is what I need as delta for the tensioner. With PS pump out and AC back in, I measured again with the open belt. Then subtracted the 6cm which made me order a 6PK2065 belt. Should be in before the weekend.
- Coolant ordered, so should be able to fill the cooling system soon.
Next step: front wheel toe alignment.