View Single Post
Old 11-20-2006, 04:51 PM   #9
MikenOH

Garage
We had a 2000 E320..

and thought it was going to be one of those cars we'd keep for 10 years. Unfortuneately, there were a number of problems:
  • Airconditioning--like a rite of spring, it did not work. we'd take it back they would claim work was done and it would work through the summer, then next spring..
Electronics--Oil sensors, gas level sensors brake sensors--you name it, they all went south

--Final straw was the car died in the driveway. My wife's comment was "my 1960 Falcon with rusted out floorboards never left me stuck but this $53K MB dies in the driveway and has to be flatbedded to the dealer".

The dealer kept it two weeks, replaced the cats, accused me of putting diesel fuel in it, never did say what they did but it was running fine when we got it back; BTW this was all under warranty even though we had 62K on it. We drove it up to the Mazda the dealer 2 days after we got it back and traded it on an RX8 and never looked back.

Too bad, it was a great road car; nice motor, great brakes , handling and comfort. If it weren't for those"little" quality problems...
MikenOH is offline   Reply With Quote