Thread: Wanna Buy But
View Single Post
Old 11-20-2006, 03:35 PM   #21

CaymanS

The Cayman was sorta like my 912 on lots of steroids. Although I haven't driven the 912 daily for about 10 years is still gets around. One reason I have been able to keep it so long is there are many more opportunities to "do it yourself". It's a very simple car compared to the Box/Cayman. I'm mechanically challanged but was still able to take care of oil, lube, valve adjustment, brakes, etc. I know, by reading most of these posts, that there are many of you that work on your own. That's really handy but I'm not going there. So I do have to think about the costs of maintaining the car the only way I know - close to as perfect as you can get while still driving it a lot. One advantage of buying new is it starts out the way you want it so it's up to you(me) to keep it that way. However, I haven't ran the depreciation numbers, probably someone out there that has. If so is there is a sweet spot on year/miles? For those of you who are now saying to yourself "geez stop thinking and start buying" I understand. I'll get there.
69912 is offline   Reply With Quote