Thread: Wanna Buy But
View Single Post
Old 11-20-2006, 06:11 AM   #17
z12358

Quote:
Originally Posted by 69912
What a day. Went to the dealer and drove S and non S manual and tip for each. He even turned me loose with a Cayman S as well. The ol 912 will never be the same. I had no idea. The Boxster S is sooooo much fun to drive. Freeway fast, twisties remarkable, top up just fine, top down better, A/C was cold - on and on. Guess I'm preaching to the choir so I'll stop. Now the big decision. New , hardly used, or used. Gotta think about that for a few days. I guess the bottom line is it's only money. Thanks again to all of you for helping an old timer get after it.
That's what I'm talking about.
When I test drove the 06 Box S (following a non-S and a 997) the salesman was just sitting there quiet. I asked him if there's anything he has to say about the car. He said: "I'll just be quiet and let the car do the talking."

I recommend that you get the newest S you can comfortably afford. There should be 2yr old 05 987 S coming out on the market. Personally, I think that a sparsely optioned new 3.4L S is THE best deal by far in the whole Porsche line-up. Let us know of the outcome.

Z.