View Single Post
Old 11-19-2006, 09:26 AM   #1
PoPo

LED turn signal lights

I see pretty much everyone here goes for the silverstar lights, but I think LEDs are the next generation (brighter, las longer, and still no amber). Anyway, I have the litronic headlights and the eBay LED tail lights. I de-ambered the little piece of amber in the litronic, so there is 100% amber free. The problem is that the blinker goes twice as fast when either the front or back turn signal lights are replaced with LEDs. When I replaced all 4 turn signal lights with LEDs, it no longer flashed, but rather stayed constantly lit and the flasher just buzzed like it was flashinging 100 times per second. So it looks like our flashers are wattage based then, right? Are all flashers wattage based? Since each filament turn signal bulb takes about 21 W (84W total) and I pretty much dropped that wattage down to about 1W total using LEDs, that would explain why the flasher goes nuts with all the turn signal lights as LEDs.

So my question is: Is there a flasher that will fit our cars (2000 S here) that supports LED turn lights? Or can someone give me a part number for the flasher and I'll look around.

Better yet, has anyone else had this problem?

My temporary solution is to just have the fronts as LEDs and the rears as the filaments. It flashes like a ricer car, but I don't want to give up on the LEDs.
PoPo is offline   Reply With Quote