View Single Post
Old 11-18-2006, 11:35 AM   #1
blinkwatt

Send a message via AIM to blinkwatt
Todays Mod/Hack;Steering Wheel Crest

Well after deciding I didn't want to drop $500+ to change to a 3-spoke steering wheel w/ airbag I needed to find a way to spice up the steering wheel. I searched and found out about an eBay user, backfromdriving . He sells replica Porsche crest that happen to look nice on the 4-spoke steering wheel featured in Boxsters & 993s. $16 got me the replica crest shipped to my house in 3 business days. So it showed up today and I got to work;

~wiped down the steering wheel imprinted crest w/ rubbing achohol

~practice applying the crest to steering wheel just to make sure I wouldn't mess up applying it

~peeled back the cover to the 3m adhesive tape that was pre-applied to the crest

~applied the crest to the steering wheel(thankfully I lined it up straight the 1st time)

Now so far after giving it some taping and nudges it hasn't moved from it place or fallen off. Now if it ever does fall off I will use Liquid Nails,but until then LONG LIVE THE 3M ADHEVISE TAPE!

I would rate the crest a 8.5/10. The only minor issue I have with it is the width,I wish it was 1/16th it's currently 1/8th wide.