Thread: Wanna Buy But
View Single Post
Old 11-18-2006, 04:23 AM   #4
jeffsquire

Quote:
Originally Posted by 69912
I've been driving my 69 912 since buying used in 72. Every day car for many years and now, like an old hunting dog, I take her out in the sun once in a while. All the kids are out of school and on their own. Finally dad get's to spend some money for himself and has had his eye on a 03 Boxster S black on black. Just looking at it makes me- well you know. I did a little reading about them in Road and Track etc and my son suggested I look at a few of the forums. I didn't know what they were untill he explained them and showed me how. Hence here I am. I must say that after reading nearly everything here I'm scared to death about the problems that you all write about. It has discouraged me from moving forward but I decided to write this message to see if there was someone out there that could tell me all these problems with the Boxsters are rare and some of you have had resonable worry free ownership.

I cant emphasize the other posts up to this point enough. Blinkwatt is dead on. For every RMS leak and other problem, THOUSANDS of us have no problems other than the normal maintainence.

Please just go buy one. It will add years to your life. It will be something new to fall in love with. YOu can't take it with you, but you can give it to your son when you're gone, and he'll think you're the BOMB.

One final thing, Get a PPI done and read the many words of wisdom from fellow post members before you buy.
jeffsquire is offline   Reply With Quote