View Single Post
Old Today, 09:24 AM   #3
Ski7B

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldbadger View Post
Greetings to all from a new member to the forum and a new owner of a 2002 Boxster. I have now a new hobby, that of getting to know about my red car.
I have had my first problem with it, the battery died after sitting for about five days with the key in the ignition. I was able to recharge the battery and a load test today gave the battery a “good” score. Now I must find the reason for the battery to go dead....really dead...all the way down to 3 volts on the volt meter.
I read with interest the posts about parasitic drainage and getting the flashing red light in the radio panel turned off. I will be working on that tomorrow. I find it a bit hard to believe that the small bulb involved would drain the battery to that extent.
I would like to relate an interesting story about one of my first motor trips around my local county here in northeastern Wisconsin but am a bit reluctant to tell about the experience since it was so strange.
Congrats on the new hobby! I’m also a new 986 owner. I’ve heard leaving the key in the ignition is not recommended, I think because it also drains the battery. A battery maintainer is also frequently recommended. Good luck
Ski7B is offline   Reply With Quote