View Single Post
Old 10-25-2024, 10:38 AM   #1
HorsiesInDaBack

Rear Toe Control Arm

Hello, my 2004 986 S suspension is overdue for a refresh. I had considered refreshing the strut setup and ultimately decided to go with a coil over. I intend to use FEAL 1-way coilovers with 441+ swift springs and radial bearing upper spring seats.

I will lower the ride height a modest amount that keeps it easy to drive throughout the week on surface roads.

My understanding is that to maintain proper wheel alignment once lowered an adjustable rear toe end link is necessary and I have decided to use tarett. I am trying to decide if I should choose their motorsport style or not.

I see the biggest differences are locking style, OEM rubber vs spherical teflon end link, and bumpsteer adjustment. Price being $250 difference.

For use case, my 986 is a hobby and passion. It is my first Porsche but not my last and I will drive it and work on it until I run out of room or it's wheels fall off. I love the engineering, the experience, and satisfaction of seeing the work I do improve the look and feel. I some times use it as a daily driver for my work commute and when the weather is nice. I want to start visiting the track but I will not compete. I do not have an unlimited budget but I can afford to indulge in the car every few months. Ride quality is less of a factor than wanting the "oh, that is nice" on a windy road feeling. I however don't want ride quality to degrade to the point that I loathe the drive to said roads.

Is the motorsport style worth it for the long term to cover any possible future changes and give me the best feel/performance? Or will their standard adjustable links be enough for my use case?
HorsiesInDaBack is offline   Reply With Quote