View Single Post
Old 11-17-2006, 11:55 AM   #19
seventythree

Quote:
Originally Posted by dharrisonwu
By the way, I called WD today and questioned them on their coverage for the Major Care policy. Specifically, I had a question regarding the following Engine coverage:

"All internally lubricated engine parts including: pistons, piston rings, piston pins, crankshaft and main bearings, connecting rods and bearings, camshaft and bearings, timing chain or belt, timing gears, tensioners/guides, intake and exhaust valves, valve springs, oil pump and oil pump housing, push rods, rocker arms, rocker arm shafts, hyrdraulic and solid lifters; intake and exhaust manifold; distributor shaft and housing; harmonic balancer; metal valve covers; timing gear cover; air filter and housing; water pump; fuel pump; vacuum pump; thermostatically controlled air intake; oil pan; engine block and heads are covered if damaged by the failure of an internally lubricated moving part."

The last sentence was the kicker - - I wasn't sure it it meant that all the damages had to be caused by internally lubricated moving parts for the damages to be covered. Their claims rep told me that this applies only to the engine block and heads. So, if you're coolant runs out and it warps the head, supposedly no coverage. But, if caused by the internal lubricated part, then coverage.

Any thoughts? Is the intermediate shaft an "internally lubricated engine part?"
See, that is the kind of inconsistency that is bothersome to me. One of their selling points is that they do not exclude any engine damage caused by overheating, yet they assume the contradictory position above, with respect to the coolant running out.

Also, isn't the RMS leak an engine block failure that is not caused by the failure of an internally lubricated moving part?

I really like to figure this out as well, because, I will also purchase the MajorCare plan in a heart beat, if it in fact would cover engine repairs arising from RMS and IMS issues.

Last edited by seventythree; 11-17-2006 at 12:00 PM.
seventythree is offline   Reply With Quote