View Single Post
Old 09-25-2024, 08:44 PM   #46
Gilles

I believe that EPS is a Miami based company and have a sister company that sells M97 rebuilt engines, and also offer their service to rebuilt your engine.

One time on a business trip, I had a morning to kill so I stopped by their shop, and saw the way they they were assembling (several) M97 engines on various stages of completion, and left with a very disappointed impression, as the building across the street (literally) was under construction, creating a lot of dust and guess what, the engine shop was assembling M97 engines on top of open tables on the patio (outside..), remember running a finger on a crank journal feeling the dirt on the oily surface.. I believe that the same people also designed a tool to remove the non-serviceable IMS bearing on the 987 engines (by drilling the case with a circular saw) without disassembling the engine..

I am not biased, but had the opportunity to attend the Flat6Innovations M97 engine assembly class and the first thing you notice is their cleanliness and organization that they implemented on their process, yes, it was that impressive.

Last edited by Gilles; 09-25-2024 at 08:47 PM.
Gilles is offline   Reply With Quote