View Single Post
Old 09-21-2024, 02:00 PM   #1
elav

Window Regulator Question

Hello, I have a '98 Boxster and when I first got the car several years ago I replaced the door latches and a few of the micro switches and the windows have been operating as expected for several years. I just replaced the convertible top with a "new to me" top that had a better plastic window. Everything was working well for a while and then I notices that the driver's door window doesn't drop much any more when opening the door (causing it to catch). I took off the door card today and was expecting to find some loose cables in the window regulator and was going to try the zip tie hack, but all of the cables seemed very tight. I couldn't really pull the cables back around the green ends. I did find a small piece of green plastic floating around the door but couldn't tell where it was coming from. I heard the motor running when I open and close the door so I know the motor and micro switches are still working.

Is there a built-in adjustment to tighten the cable? If I need a new window regulator, I'll get one but would love to try other options first.