View Single Post
Old 08-09-2024, 09:02 AM   #3
S50Sinner

Updates! I haven't gotten around to the smoke test yet, but new codes and behaviors have appeared that point towards the secondary air injection system as the culprit.

On startup, I've been getting lurching and uneven engine response for about a minute, and trying to drive under those conditions has triggered twelte (!) new check engine lights, which would normally suck, but in this case it's really exciting, as I now have more information. The car drives perfectly normal after what I assume is the end of the SAI start-up cycle.

Besides the pre-existing 1124 and 1126, I got:

0410 and 1411 this morning, along with a loud exhaust pop, after which the car started driving normal. Both codes are normally attributed to the SAI system.

0300, 0306, 0305, 0304, 1316, 1317, 1318, 1319, aka misfires on the entirety of bank 2. This seems like a side-effect of whatever is happening with the SAI, as the car drives perfectly any other time.

The only on-going symptom is my idle, which seems to fluctuate by a bit less than 100rpm at all times. This also sounds very much like an SAI thing, as that loop controls the idle, as far as I'm aware. I'll start letting my car warm up longer before rolling away to avoid stressing the engine under poor mix conditions, and perform the smoke test as soon as possible.
S50Sinner is offline   Reply With Quote