View Single Post
Old 08-09-2024, 07:47 AM   #47
redpepperracing

Bringing this thread back from the almost dead, I just got a new 3D printer, and so far I've created this 986 silhouette, not very useful, but I learned a bunch creating it. I'm mostly happy with it, I don't *love* the horizontal line on the door, but it was the best looking way I found to hold the door handle and the intake grill. Other than that, I'm pretty happy with it. Making the lines thicker on the body outline would probably be good, but I'm not going back on that, it took far too long to get to where I am.

I haven't found too many models of parts for the Boxster specifically, or 996 for that matter, mostly dash speaker mounts and cup holders. I did find a model for the GT3 delete, I don't need it for myself, but I could print it for anyone who wants one. I like the idea of the mesh screen, but I think a better option would just be a 3D printed mount, and use off the shelf wire mesh to make it, as I don't think 3D printed mesh would be strong enough, and to make it stronger I think it would look weird. I have some other ideas on parts, but I need to get the engine back in and buttoned up before I start another project!

I created it in Freecad, and printed with PETG on a Bambu P1P. I can share the Freecad file, an STL, 3MF, or any other 3D format, and/or the Bambu Studio project file.

redpepperracing is offline   Reply With Quote