View Single Post
Old 07-12-2024, 12:54 PM   #80
LoneWolfGal

The seats are in and the airbag-disable bar under the passenger seat is disabling the passenger airbag — at least, the airbag warning light doesn't light up when it's connected, so I assume it's working. But now I have a new problem: The side panel switch that's supposed to tilt the seat back forward and back tilts it forward but not back. Have you ever had a look at that switch? It's not exactly reassuring. Controlling the back-forward switch contacts is a spring-loaded miniature rocker mechanism that will fly apart it you even look at it wrong. Then you'll be down on your knees looking for miniature springs. Ask me how I know. Apparently, the rocker switch is malfunctioning, so I guess I'll have to remove the control panel again and investigate the problem. However, I have to leave tomorrow for ten days, so I'm reluctant to rock the boat. I'd rather fix it when I get back. An upright seat back doesn't provide a comfortable driving position. Is there a manual release that will enable me to recline the seat back?
5-speed manual

Last edited by LoneWolfGal; 07-12-2024 at 01:02 PM.
LoneWolfGal is offline   Reply With Quote