View Single Post
Old 07-12-2024, 03:48 AM   #79
Stiglitz

Lseat pic

Here's at least pic of bottoms of the seats. The driver's side i have to remove again and tighten it up.
The passenger I added some extra foam on the bottom, so that should flatten out a bit.
BTW, the seat backs trim is definitely easier if the seats have been in sun for a bit (not a problem in Central Fl!!).
I used hands, plastic trim piece removers/plastic spatula to press-bend into place, and left them "tucked in" with the tools holding it in place to stretch/gain memory. Kind of like using the clamps.
I also used my staple gun (with HD staples), CAREFULLY aimed into the edge. Test aim on a piece of wood or something so you can line it up properly. HOLD DOWN the stapler so it does not bounce back, and it will to through the rubber and into the seat. Sometimes they won't go all the way thru, so I "coaxed' it with a flathead and a few taps of a very small/light hammer to 'seat" the staple. Normally, you won't be able to see the staple at all, but if it shows, a black sharpie will cover it up completely (I'll post pics). After that, seat backs will start to tighten up in the sun!

Stiglitz is offline   Reply With Quote