View Single Post
Old 07-10-2024, 04:19 AM   #2
Starter986
1998 Boxster Silver/Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by Antoine86 View Post
PIWIS – Reset a Porsche 996 C4

I spent 4 years converting a 1999 996 C4 3.4. I was having some issues and after reading the manual I thought I should do a few things that can only be done with Porsche System Tester 2 or PIWIS. Set the steering angle sensor to zero. Switch the booster pump to vent (ABS). I've bought about 3 diagnostic tools but none of them worked. I borrowed a friend's Snap-on diagnostic tool but it won't reset anything. Can you buy these devices or are they rented/leased? Does anyone know a workaround? I'm getting pretty desperate. Thanks in advance.

If you have a better answer, please contact me in time. If there is no response, please contact OBD2.LTD
You can no longer purchase or lease those devices. The Iranian manufacturer of those devices was hit with heavy tarrifs. They closed down. It is a felony to be in possession of such devices.
Further, there are no workarounds. Your 996 is a virtual paperweight. A brick. Scrap metal. Your best bet would be to try to sell it to a forum member who may need parts. Can you post a picture of the car? Can you make a list of parts you'd sell? How about a nudie of your mom. Your sister?

GLWS!