Thread: Top Repaired
View Single Post
Old 06-17-2004, 05:37 AM   #1
Automon

Talking Top Repaired

I got my car back from Auto Europe yesterday, the problem was that the top would not go up, well it would but just on the passenger side. This presents a problem because the cowl starts to twist and brackets break. The funny thing is that this problem occurs on all Porsches including the 911. To repair this problem they have to re-sink the driver motor with the passenger which normally is an easy fix unless you try and do it yourself and hand them a box of parts with the car (you know all the parts that were taken off in your drive way) anyway in my case they had to straighten out the cowl replace the brackets. I had two estimates on the repair $1,285.00 and $805.00 so best bet is to shop around for this type of service some shops do more of this repair than others. When I was there yesterday there were 2 911's and 1 Box with the same problem. There advice was not to use the top that much, if your doing a lot of running aroud don't raise the top everytime you leave the car, the also said that there should be a counter to tell you how many more times the top will go up before breaking.

If anyone lives in southern MI I highly recommend Auto Europe
Automon is offline   Reply With Quote