View Single Post
Old 06-25-2024, 07:06 PM   #68
LoneWolfGal

The bottom cushion's ready to clamp onto the frame. And "clamp" is the right word. Two beefy nylon clamps at the front and one lonely Philips screw at the back are all that holds the cushion and its base in place on the frame. I was sorta expecting a more convoluted fastening system from Porsche. Maybe they felt bad about making you disassemble a good part of the underside, including unbolting a couple frame struts, to change the transmission oil, or making you unhook a bunch of hoses underneath (after of course removing the plastic belly pan) to drain the coolant system for flushing. Things like that. So maybe they decided to cut us a break with the seat fastening method. But I digress...

I direct your attention to the bottom frame and its seat adjustment mechanisms, below. Everything was coated with 24 years of grime. I couldn't stand it, I had to clean it up. The grime must've acted as a protective coating, because everything cleaned up beautifully and looked almost new. I'd like to install the bottom cushion tomorrow. And then I'll clean up the underside of the passenger seat. I took a look underneath it and it wasn't as bad as the drivers seat was, so it shouldn't take long.

5-speed manual

Last edited by LoneWolfGal; 07-08-2024 at 08:45 AM.
LoneWolfGal is offline   Reply With Quote