View Single Post
Old 05-10-2024, 02:57 PM   #9
Gilles

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoneWolfGal View Post
That's just too much more, but I appreciate the explanation.
LoneWolf, most of the times, labor is more expensive than the parts itself..

Please don't take me wrong, but in my case I would prefer paying a professional to get a good result.. as I have seen several DYI upholstery jobs that just don't look right, like sagging lines etc., sometimes the upholster will have to replace the foam as well to get the OEM look.

The way I see it, once you pay the $500 labor, after a few months you will forget about the money but every time you get on your car you will be glad you did it. :-) In the other hand if you DYI and does not come pretty tight (or with crooked seems), you will regret not paying a pro for the job.

I can handle many mechanical repairs, but I know that I don't have the experience, knowledge (or the tools) to do a professional upholstery or a good paint job, in those cases I rather to pay someone to get it done right the first time, the last thing you want is to ruin your new leather covers..

PS: I admire that you are a hands on person that is not afraid to get your hands dirty to do your own repairs, hats off to you :-)

Last edited by Gilles; 05-10-2024 at 03:00 PM.
Gilles is offline   Reply With Quote