View Single Post
Old 05-08-2024, 07:42 PM   #1
LoneWolfGal

Recovering the seats

As I mentioned in another thread, I bought a set of replacement leather seat covers from Lseat.com. I chose black leather w/ black stitching, perforated inset, embossed Porsche logo, pattern A. Except for the embossed logo, they're identical to the factory stock covers. The price with the options I selected: a couple bucks shy of $500, including $30 shipping. The workmanship looks very good.

I wrestled the seats out of the car today. They're heavy as hell, but I managed to get them out and loaded into my Isuzu. The passenger seat's leather wasn't too bad, but the driver's seat had been patched with black tape. In the photo a set of new covers is draped over the passenger seat. The other set's in the plastic bag.

Tomorrow I'm taking them to an auto upholstery shop. I'm sure I could install the new covers myself — many folks do — but I figure a pro can do it in a tenth the time it would take me. Besides, installation requires hog rings and I'm a vegetarian. ** rimshot **

Tonight I vacuumed the flotsam and jetsam that had collected under the seats over the years. The carpet cleaned up well. Plus, I found 76 cents in change!

More to come...
5-speed manual

Last edited by LoneWolfGal; 05-09-2024 at 07:54 AM.
LoneWolfGal is offline   Reply With Quote