View Single Post
Old 11-15-2006, 02:42 PM   #1
blinkwatt

Send a message via AIM to blinkwatt
Finished 60k maintainence!!!!!

Today was the day to tackle to fuel filter change;last thing for me to finish my 60k tune-up! Yes I did it all myself,it feels owe so good! Ok down to business...

~Some people told me you can't change the fuel filter w/ the rear end on ramps,some said it could be done. I CHANGED IT W/ THE REAR WHEELS ON RAMPS!

~It crammed in there and I'm only 5 7",so keep that in mind.

~Keep a cup handy to catch the excess fuel in the filter when you disconnect the fuel fines.(This is why I wore a head sock)

~Only a thin flathead(loosen hose clamp around the fuel filter),10 mm & 17mm (loosen coolant lines) wrench socket are needed

~If you changed the filter on car ramps like me w/ an incline don't be shocked if the car stalls the first couple of time you go to fire it up. The fuel filter is empty and it takes a couple of cranks to get it to get fuel in the lines again.

I felt absolutely nothing from changing the filter,but it was time it had 7 years and 55k on it. It took me 2 hours,start to finish. Not hard but time consuming.

I attached some pictures;1st is of the car on ramps-2nd is of the old filter and the excess fuel I caught-3rd is an idea of the ground clearance I worked with-4th is of the protective gear I wore(don't worry those 911 posters are my dad's)