View Single Post
Old 02-05-2024, 02:33 PM   #22
Hasdrubal

For nearly everything I've needed to know, searching old threads gets me the knowledge I need to keep the car running. I figure it would be unnecessary to bump those old posts just to let everyone know I read them.

There's a lot less modifying here than other car forums I've been a part of- granted, Porsche has an aesthetic that doesn't lend itself to the common Honda kind of mods (not judging, I have a larger spoiler and vortex generators on my Civic), but there's a lot of "just buy the next model up" thinking. And it makes sense to some extent, obviously Porsche set up the horsepower numbers between the models with this in mind, but there's a lot less for me to want to do with a Boxster than with a Civic.

I'm not entirely complaining, as I don't want to see big barn door wings on any car, but I would be posting a lot more if there wasn't a near consensus that exhaust doesn't gain hp, headers don't gain hp, the computer can't adjust far enough to put Cayman airbox/maf housing/plenum on without reflashing, etc. The car is what it is, and I still like it. Just doesn't give me much to post about, though.
Hasdrubal is offline   Reply With Quote