View Single Post
Old 01-03-2024, 05:57 AM   #4
Morph_986

I checked, under seat is dry, plus it is 23 degrees outside at the moment. I replaced the ignition switch about a year ago. Switch is stiff at these temperatures because the old grease in the steering lock mechanism gets viscous, but that is common.

The car went 24 hours with no alarms in double key fob press mode. That seemed like progress, but to be sure, it has now also gone 24 hours with no alarms in single key fob press modes. Grrr. It appears this is going to be a truly random and hard to trace fault.

I will call a local independent today and see if the genuine Porsche software tells them more about the alarm system.

It is highly antisocial to have an alarm that goes off randomly, particularly in the middle of the night.

I believe later Porches were given a triple key fob press mode that locks the car, but does not enable the alarm to solve complaints from customers with alarm faults that they could either have the alarm go off randomly until fixed OR not lock their car at all.. I checked and on my 986, a triple push unlocks the car and leaves the alarm off. Not much progress there!

Thanks
Morph_986 is offline   Reply With Quote