View Single Post
Old 01-02-2024, 02:08 PM   #3
elav

I got a car with all sorts of microswitch issues. Once I resolved them, the car wouldn't beep twice when I locked the car but the alarm would randomly go off. No issues detected in Durametric. I decided to replace the ignition switch as it can cause weird things to happen - this solved the alarm issue for me. The ignition switch is a cheap part so might be worth replacing it...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morph_82 View Post
2000 Boxster S, 6 speed

The alarm in my 986 Boxster is sounding randomly in the drive. I thought it would be quick to find the reason using my Durametric software. However, I cannot find a list of the last 10 alarm trigger reasons that other users have reported seeing. What am i doing wrong?

I can see two alarm modules in the module tree. Under fault codes there was nothing obvious, but years of stored glitches. I reset the faults and armed the alarm. It went off on its own few hours later. However, there are still no faults showing for either alarm module. Not much help so far. Can you see the trigger reason list on a 986 with that software?

Does anyone have a suggestion for how to start diagnosis. It appears from other posts that the common culprits are the center storage cover microswitch not reliably latching and the interior IR motion detector module near the roof release.

I armed the alarm with two rapid key fob presses that I think turns off the interior motion detector but leaves everything else in use. I am now at 24 hours without a false alarm. I can try single press arming the module tomorrow and seeing if the alarm false triggers again in 6-12 hours. That would cast firm suspicion on the motion detector module.

Other suggestions appreciated. I could disconnect the horn to spare the neighbors, but I cannot directly see the car from inside the house and so it unlikely I would see the light flashes to ever realize the alarm was going off without the sound.