View Single Post
Old 12-25-2023, 09:53 AM   #10
Frodo

I’ve used all kinds of products through the years, and haven’t had all that much in the line of duds.
Had a warm day a couple weeks ago and, kind of randomly, did a detail with the following. It seemed to work out well.

Sprayed down with the hose, then washed (using a microfiber mitt) with Meguiars “Gold Class Car Wash” with a capful or two of Optimum No Rinse added for lubricity’s sake. Without letting her dry, proceeded to do the clay bar thing, using the Sonus clay bar and diluted ONR in a spray bottle to facilitate the process. LOVE the silky smooth way the car feels following this step!

Followed with my chamois. I know some people pooh-pooh this process, but, with a high quality chamois I’ve had good luck with it for decades. All cars that are washed by hand eventually develop swirls. My ’01 had none when I got her in ’06 and stayed that way for a good dozen years or so. Even now, 17 years later, any swirls are incredibly subtle and would polish right out—if I ever get around to dusting off the random orbital and doing so.

This was followed by the pictured sealant/carnauba from Poorboys. Hadn’t used this kind of combo before (have done sealant, then put carnauba on top before, but never a combo product), so I was curious. It was a pretty easy on/off, and I was really happy with the result.
I’ve always liked the Duragloss Aquawax (talk about easy on/off!). So I thought what the hell, and misted her down and did a final buff. Looks wonderful, I would thoroughly recommend this regimen.

Based on Rick’s recommendation I am interested in trying that Collinite 845…maybe next time!

Btw, regarding the Zep glass cleaner. It was a present from a friend a few years ago. I’d always been an Invisible Glass user, and still like it. But I like the Zep maybe a little better. They both work equally well, but the Zep has this advantage: It’s a foam. You spray it on and it stays where you put it, instead of instantly running down the windshield. Kind of a handy characteristic for a glass cleaner.

Merry Christmas Friends!
Frodo is offline   Reply With Quote