View Single Post
Old 11-14-2006, 12:25 PM   #1
PorscheDoc

New Fabspeed Boxster Muffler

Ok guys, I mentioned it in another post, but it finally showed up on my doorstep. Fabspeed's new muffler for all 986 Boxsters. As most of you know, the old fabspeed muffler was actually a Dansk muffler which was resold by Fabspeed. The new muffler is based off their 987 and cayman design, and is 100% fabspeed. The other mufflers on the market are using 1.5" inlets into the muffler, the new system is a 2" system, and comes with the sport cats, which before were sold separately. The system is 50 state emission compliant, and will not affect any warranties.

I will be installing the system on a 2000 Boxster S hopefully this week or early next week. I will do a walk through with pictures on the install, some sound clips, etc. Once everything is a go, and I know the system is everything they say it is going to be, then I will throw it in with our holiday sale at a discounted price. Otherwise we will pitch it into the abyss. Normal retail is $1495. Unfortunately I will not be able to test this one on the dyno from stock, as the customer currently has a Dansk muffler on the car.