View Single Post
Old 12-23-2023, 04:36 AM   #6697
stagewex

I've been commuting exclusively by train into work/NYC for the last 3 months. The traffic has gotten to the point of being so bad it's not worth it (driving) at all. This after about 45 years by car or motorcycle. Using my '73 bug to drive the 3 miles to and from the train station from my house. So much more civilized.

The Boxster has been sitting in my inside heated self-parking spot in NYC all this time. The cost is such a ridiculously low monthly cost I just can't bring myself to let the spot go. After work yesterday I figured I'd bring her home for Christmas. I started to wonder how long before the battery might go dead. Roared to life and zero traffic going home last night. She was happy to stretch her legs. I'm setting up a scheduled oil change, coolant and thermostat change and maybe gear/trans oil change with my Indy the week after New Years. All preventative although the oil change is due. And too cold for me to be interested in doing this myself in the driveway.
I will return her to her parking spot next Tuesday till all that happens.

Looking out a window this morning (28 degrees) I'm warmed to see the two German cousins enjoying each others company:

Last edited by stagewex; 12-23-2023 at 04:40 AM.
stagewex is offline   Reply With Quote