View Single Post
Old 11-14-2006, 09:55 AM   #4
CJ_Boxster

Send a message via MSN to CJ_Boxster
Quote:
Originally Posted by smagerstein
Hiya,

Just took my car to the local (and only) Porsche dealer/service department in slovenia.

I asked them the plug their computer into my Boxster so that they could comvert the digital display from MPH (its an american car) to Kmph and the F to C on the temp readouts. I also asked them to swith on my on board computer so that the outside temp would be displayed?

The response I got from them is that this is impossible as american cars are only programed in imperial system not metric!!!! I asked them if they were sure and they said yes. They even tried for me but they could not do it.....

Whats you opinion as everything thing I read out there says that this is B***S***.

Thanks.
They can turn it on, I went to my local porsche dealer and they didnt know what the hell i was talking about, but then eventually they figured out what to do in order to turn on my OBC. As for the MPH converted into KPH or vice versa.... You do that with the little knobs on the gauge cluster between the MPH gauge and the RPM gauges. You turn and hold it to the left for afew seconds until you see your digital display change from MPH into KPH or vise versa.

Carlos J Cazares

FastForward Performance
http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a1...er/newsig1.jpg
CJ_Boxster is offline   Reply With Quote