View Single Post
Old 11-14-2006, 08:50 AM   #16
Brucelee

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sammy
I'm not sure I would be laughing seeing that she recognized her mistake soon enough to keep you from being splattered over the pavement... It sucks that stupidity led to a crash of the other vehicles, but I would be thanking my lucky stars that it wasn't me on my bike... (I hope this doesn't sound like a nagging wife, just thankful that we didn't have to read about one of our fellow members departing early)

I wish they would at least make a law where if you are talking on a cell phone you have to use a hands free device (Chicago has this but I'm not sure how the enforcement is?). I think talking on a cell phone while driving is something we'll live/deal with the rest of our lives, but I'm hoping they will take steps to make it safer.

I was in NO danger as I KNEW she was going to do this. I get these feelings on the bike and they are almost always right. Hence, I had already slowed down and could have easily done a dead stop.

So, no luck involved although I supposed she could have made a really sharp left and run up my lane and into me. Stranger things have happened with women behind the wheel.

Now, here come our female members to start hammering me!

Brucelee is offline   Reply With Quote