View Single Post
Old 11-14-2006, 08:24 AM   #15
Sammy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brucelee
So I am riding on my Buell on Friday and a woman in a minivan with kids in back is sitting on a side street. She sees me come sweeping down the hill and pulls out anyway. Then she REALIZES that this was a mistake.

She then BACKS UP without looking. Well, since she is half way out in the intersection, the woman behind here in her SUV (who is on the cell phone and trying to discipline her kids in back) has already started to follow this bird out into the interspection.

I guess SHE wasn't watching the road either.

So, BAMMMMMMMMMMM! These two chicks meet back to front.

I ride gently around them as they remain in the intersection.

As I look in my mirror, I can see the confusion reign supreme.

It was priceless!

I have to say, I laughed all the way home.

What a story to remember.
I'm not sure I would be laughing seeing that she recognized her mistake soon enough to keep you from being splattered over the pavement... It sucks that stupidity led to a crash of the other vehicles, but I would be thanking my lucky stars that it wasn't me on my bike... (I hope this doesn't sound like a nagging wife, just thankful that we didn't have to read about one of our fellow members departing early)

I wish they would at least make a law where if you are talking on a cell phone you have to use a hands free device (Chicago has this but I'm not sure how the enforcement is?). I think talking on a cell phone while driving is something we'll live/deal with the rest of our lives, but I'm hoping they will take steps to make it safer.
Sammy is offline   Reply With Quote