View Single Post
Old 09-28-2023, 07:40 AM   #36
Nickanator8

Quirks and Features

Ok guys, I've been driving the car quite a bit over the last few days and I've identified some issues I feel need to be worked out, and I'd love some input from the community veterans.

First off, the seats feel too narrow for both myself and my partner. Neither of us are big people, I weigh in at 160lbs and 5'11" and she is only about 100lbs and 5'4" and yet the seats still seem kind of narrow and uncomfortable.

There is a set of 987 seats for sale near me that I've considered buying to swap in, but I'm not sure if they would actually be any more comfortable. I think we are mostly looking at a slightly wider seat that still has some bolstering for the twisty corners we have enjoyed visiting. The only other requirement is that they must be heated because this car is going to see some winter driving and heated seats help a lot. So yeah, any seat recommendations?

Beyond that, the suspension is creaky and needs a bit of a refresh. I need some advice on what the best course of action might be for my ultimate goals with this car. I do not want to lower the car at all. There are a lot of speed bumps in my area, potholes, and generally poor road conditions. Because of this, basically all coilover setups are not really an option. With that in mind, what would be the best way to refresh the suspension? Should I buy new shocks and keep the old springs or is there another direction I should go?

Beyond that, the car seems to be running great! It's got fresh oil in the engine and other maintenance items are on the list. I'm really excited to get this car fully refreshed and healthy.