View Single Post
Old 09-23-2023, 07:19 AM   #34
78F350
Motorist & Coffee Drinker

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nickanator8 View Post
...Sometimes, the 4th gear light and drive light on the dashboard will flash in an alternating pattern. I've found another thread here that discusses the issue but I'm not quite sure what the best course of action is to address it, or if it is even an issue at all. ...
I have not had a serious problem with a Tiptronic, so I have not gone deep into it. I have had the flashing D-4 ('limp mode') a couple times. Once was a shift lever that had been damaged and did not position correctly to the Drive position, the other was low voltage from a weak battery. Find out what is wrong before putting a lot of miles on.

I'd recommend using a code scanner that can read transmission codes on Porsche. I use an older Autel which I like because it works on a wide variety of cars and doesn't require a computer. Foxwell seems like a popular one now and Durametric is recommended by many. I don't have a recommendation other than making sure that it can read Porsche specific modules and that it provides information that YOU can understand and use.