View Single Post
Old 09-20-2023, 04:58 PM   #1
Superbike81

2002 Boxster S - Heavily Modified Project/Parts Car

2002 Boxster S
6-speed manual
79610 Miles
Location - Renton, WA (30 minutes from Seattle)
$5000 FIRM (I want to get rid of it, but I won't go any lower)

I won't ship it, and I won't part it out. Local pickup only, cash only.

FULL DISCLOSURE: This car has a clean title and CarFax but it REALLY shouldn't. Previous owners wrecked and repaired it (poorly) more than once. It has a tweaked/bent frame but aligns straight and honestly drives really really well. If you are like me and don't care what it looks like and just want to drive a fun car, this is a great deal for you. Or if you have a base 986 and want to swap all the parts. I'm selling it because I have another car coming in, I need the space, and honestly I've lost interest in it.

Good: Runs GREAT, handles GREAT, doesn't burn oil, A/C works great, LN Engineering IMS, new clutch, new RMS (have receipts). New engine/trans mounts. Feal 441+ Road Race Coilovers, Fabspeed Maxflo Exhaust, OZ Alleggerita 18" wheels, Michelin PS4S tires, Ben Auto Design short shifter, Sparco steering wheel, 996 C4S complete front end swap, 718 style tail lights, no check engine lights, factory hard top. FRP trunk lid also have original) Lots more little stuff.

Bad: Occasional grind when going into 3rd gear, not sure what it is. Frame is bent, vinyl wrap job is amateur (I did it, looks great from 10ft), Sparco seat is hard mounted for me (6'3", lots of head room, not good for anyone shorter than maybe 5'10", no I don't have any other seats for it). Soft top has been completely removed. Drivers side window works smoothly but the auto up/down thing doesn't work, passenger window makes some nasty noises going up and down probably needs a new regulator. Rear wing is not functional yet, have only test mounted it using tiny machine screws, needs to be hard mounted to use at track speeds. Has some kind of amplifier and the OEM optional rear speaker thing, but it's wired up kinda janky. Not everything has been refurbished replaced, so there are worn bushings,

Again, this is either going to be a parts car for you, or a great fun weekend/track beater if you are the right type of person. I'm selling it cheap because I don't have time to part it out and I don't want to deal with haggling and negotiating.

PRICE IS FIRM. Cash only, no trades, no payments, full payment in cash, you will receive the clear title. Registration expired in July, so if you want to legally drive it home you'll need to come with a trip permit, or come with a trailer. I won't leave my plates on it for you. I'm a motivated seller, which is why its so cheap, but I won't go a penny lower.

If you have any questions I'll do my best to answer

Superbike81 is offline   Reply With Quote