View Single Post
Old 09-15-2023, 08:33 AM   #26
Nickanator8

Quote:
Originally Posted by elgyqc View Post
I think your analysis of the two camps is right on. I’d just add that at your budget point you will never find a car that isn’t going to need some work immediately or soon. With a 20+ year old car things wear out.
This comment right here about my budget basically requiring dealing with some jankyness is why I've struggled with the idea of going to the top of my price range for just the base car.

The blue Boxster that I previously posted a list of everything wrong with it just had its price reduced, so I think I'm going to pull the trigger on it. I've gotten the blessing of my partner, but unfortunately, I simply do not have time to buy it this week as we are attending a wedding this weekend and into Monday. Hopefully, I can find time in the middle of next week to buy the car and roll the dice.

I'm still a bit wary of all the body damage that needs attending to, but maybe that will just give me a lot of "content" for a YouTube channel.

Wish me luck! I hope to report back with pictures of my new project by this time next week.

If I did go the route of documenting the build on YouTube, are there any rules against self-promotion here?
Nickanator8 is offline   Reply With Quote