View Single Post
Old 09-08-2023, 05:55 AM   #11
Nickanator8

Quote:
Originally Posted by elgyqc View Post
That is quite a list! On the positive side they are things that are relatively simple to fix. And you can drive and enjoy the car while fixing it, with help from the forums and youtube.
Normally I am not put off by things that are purely appearance, but even I am struck by all the esthetic issues, that is not work that I enjoy... and I am not very good at it... but that's just me.
If you intend to do your own work you need tools and a place to work, most of the things on your list can be done in a driveway. Anything more complex may need a garage, do you have one or access to one for short (or medium or long, depending) periods of time? Include some money in your budget for tools beyond the standard ones or see if you can beg, borrow, rent or steal them locally. I have accumulated a lot tools.
Too bad you are so far away, I have decided to sell my 2000 base Boxster which I have done a lot of work on and which has the maintenance up to date. It is the first Boxster that I bought, as mentioned in my first post.
I've got a garage and some basic hand tools already. Jack, jack stands, ramps, socket set, stuff like that. I'm also within walking distance of two auto parts stores that offer free tool rentals as well so I have some options there.

Here are all the photos I took of the car.

https://imgur.com/a/BdWG7Ih
Nickanator8 is offline   Reply With Quote